Lets With Pets – Pet-friendly rentals in London
Renting with pets? We specialise in trying to match pet owners with pet friendly landlords, actively encouraging landlords to consider responsible tenants with furry friends.
It is estimated that 48% of the population currently own a pet and almost 5 million live in privately rented accommodation in the UK according to the Dogs Trust which is the UK’s largest dog welfare charity.
The Lets with Pets campaign aims to encourage landlords to accept pets, offering pet owners the opportunity to keep their beloved pets, while amplifying rental income for buy-to-let landlords. The campaign website offers downloadable advice booklets and practical tips for landlords and tenants alike.
When looking for a property with your pet, you can improve your chances by being prepared and proving that you are a responsible pet owner.
- Don’t leave your house hunting until the last minute
- Give yourself plenty of time and allow 6 to 8 weeks
- Be as flexible as possible
- Write a CV for your pet
- Get a reference for your pet from a previous landlord or your vet
- Introduce your pet to your Landlord
- Be aware that the landlord may ask for a higher rent to allow for damage to the property
- Be honest, don’t sneak your pet in without permission
If you will consider letting your property to tenants with pets, it could be possible for you to maximise your rental return as you will be opening your property up to a far wider audience. By accepting tenants with pets you can increase demand for your property, encourage tenants to stay for longer and attract responsible tenants.
Benefits of letting with pets
- Ask for a written reference from a previous landlord if possible or a vet
- You can also ask for a CV on the pet
- If you own a leasehold property, then check that your headlease and managing agents allow pets
- You need to include a pet clause in the Tenancy Agreement and consider a higher rent if you are concerned about damage to your property
Find a let with your pet
Click Properties to Let below to browse our available properties in London. If you’re a landlord with a property to let, click Get in Touch and we’d be happy to discuss your property and our services with you.
Don’t just take our word for it – here’s what people are saying about myspace…
I have rented my flat through MySpace for many years now and I wouldn’t rent through anyone else. Their communication is brilliant and they always find us great tenants.
Great service from a knowledgeable local agent. MySpace are really helpful to our tenants and to us as landlords. Their service is professional and repairs and maintenance are undertaken quickly.